About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yesterday was something of a miracle.

I was up into the wee hours, then down again for a nap before work, and forgot to set my alarm. I reset the time, just didn’t push the button, and woke up ten minutes after I like to be out the door for a stress-free commute.

By the grace of Heaven, I was washed and dressed and out the door twenty minutes later, and I made it to my desk, breakfast in hand, with three minutes to spare.

Whew. [The only reason there was a blog post yesterday was because I wrote it before I went to bed and set it to publish at a plausible time.]

And it was a reasonably productive day once I got there. I did a little visiting teaching last night, was in bed by 10:00, and up again a little before 3:00.

Ahem.

I am nearly to the decreases on the doll hat I began on Saturday. I shall probably finish it tonight. We have a Relief Society meeting, so no Knit Night for me, but I am looking forward to seeing my church friends and getting ideas to tweak my budgeting skills. And of course I shall be knitting while I’m sitting.

I started researching a new computer last night. Sigh. Today I’ll check on what bargains might be available through the discount program at work. But I would really much rather be knitting up inventory for my Etsy shop, which *gasp* is scheduled to open next week.

This is the part where I get out of my pajamas and put on my jeans and grab the gym bag and leave the house. I would really rather just go back to bed, but I woke from the dream where I am an anti-terrorist assassin for the U.S. government (I know; I think it was probably the bean burrito I had for dinner), and I don’t think I can jump out of another helicopter before breakfast.

2 comments:

nekokoi said...

..i love you. your dreams make mine seem slightly less crazy.

Jenni said...

I had a dream that Ash threw a party when Derek and I were not home and the neighbor ratted her out. This morning I made sure to ask her if there was anything she needed to tell me, or if it was all a figment of my imagination.