About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Knowing which side my shea is buttered on.

@ Pamela: mostly I found sources for shea butter online, but my need was too immediate to wait on shipping. Aveeno makes a product [Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion] with oatmeal and shea butter, unscented, and between that and the Renew [from Melaleuca] which my friend Tom gave me at the dance the other night, my hands are mostly healed. I bought the Aveeno at CVS. You could probably find it at Wally World.

Yesterday was one wild and crazy day. The morning staff meeting ran two and a half hours. Thankfully, it was well-run and worth the time invested. Afterward, I got five of the six depo summaries done and the sixth one formatted. There are more reports from Attorney B in the queue. [Who decided that queue should be pronounced cue? When I was little, I thought it should be kwee-wee. Or cue-ee-oo-ee.]

There is little chance of my running out of work today, for which I am thankful.

Last night was the monthly singles’ temple night, where we band together to provide service to others. I was sitting in the inner foyer, waiting to enter the chapel, not-coincidentally seated next to the new guy. In walked NintendoMan.

He grinned. I grinned, then leaped up to give him a hug, then introduced my guys to one another. I was a bit of a space cadet for the rest of the evening. But at least I had no problem staying awake.

After NintendoMan went back to prepare for temple service, I leaned over and whispered to the new guy, “Now I have a greater appreciation for what you might feel when your petri dishes are talking to one another.”

He whispered back, “That’s [GreyhoundWoman’s] ex, right?”

“Yes, and mine as well.” Not that we were married, as they were for a quarter-century or more, but definitely one of my formerly typical bottle-rocket experiences.

And one of the other petri dishes serves in the temple on Wednesday night. I popped my head in and said hi, when I first got there. She is an amazing woman, very happy for me that I am now a temple worker, and said she wished that I was working Wednesdays, too.

Lots to think about on the drive home last night, and minimal difficulty remaining alert. Slept like a rock until just before my alarm would have gone off and have already finished the ribbing on a doll hat and worked the increase row.

Back to the temple tonight, woohoo!

No comments: