About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Knowing which side my shea is buttered on.

@ Pamela: mostly I found sources for shea butter online, but my need was too immediate to wait on shipping. Aveeno makes a product [Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion] with oatmeal and shea butter, unscented, and between that and the Renew [from Melaleuca] which my friend Tom gave me at the dance the other night, my hands are mostly healed. I bought the Aveeno at CVS. You could probably find it at Wally World.

Yesterday was one wild and crazy day. The morning staff meeting ran two and a half hours. Thankfully, it was well-run and worth the time invested. Afterward, I got five of the six depo summaries done and the sixth one formatted. There are more reports from Attorney B in the queue. [Who decided that queue should be pronounced cue? When I was little, I thought it should be kwee-wee. Or cue-ee-oo-ee.]

There is little chance of my running out of work today, for which I am thankful.

Last night was the monthly singles’ temple night, where we band together to provide service to others. I was sitting in the inner foyer, waiting to enter the chapel, not-coincidentally seated next to the new guy. In walked NintendoMan.

He grinned. I grinned, then leaped up to give him a hug, then introduced my guys to one another. I was a bit of a space cadet for the rest of the evening. But at least I had no problem staying awake.

After NintendoMan went back to prepare for temple service, I leaned over and whispered to the new guy, “Now I have a greater appreciation for what you might feel when your petri dishes are talking to one another.”

He whispered back, “That’s [GreyhoundWoman’s] ex, right?”

“Yes, and mine as well.” Not that we were married, as they were for a quarter-century or more, but definitely one of my formerly typical bottle-rocket experiences.

And one of the other petri dishes serves in the temple on Wednesday night. I popped my head in and said hi, when I first got there. She is an amazing woman, very happy for me that I am now a temple worker, and said she wished that I was working Wednesdays, too.

Lots to think about on the drive home last night, and minimal difficulty remaining alert. Slept like a rock until just before my alarm would have gone off and have already finished the ribbing on a doll hat and worked the increase row.

Back to the temple tonight, woohoo!

No comments: