About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The musical equivalent of skeet shooting.

With my emotions as the target. It started with this song on the drive home last night. And I thought “amen!” and switched stations when it was over, only to hear this one. At which point I was seriously regretting having handed over the box of Puffs which I keep in Lorelai to a friend at church on Sunday.

The Wistful Fairy? She is one mean mama.

So I changed stations again, this time to hear Brad Paisley, always a winner in my book. And I was wiping my eyes from laughter, instead of simply wiping my eyes. Sly cowboy trumps soggy fairy every blessed time.

I was supposed to go visiting teaching last night, but my friend has apparently picked up the strep her son was so willing to share. So I came home and fired up the last half of “Truly Madly Deeply,” because the only thing better than Brad Paisley’s voice is Alan Rickman’s, and soon I no longer felt like howling at the moon or shooting out the lights.

The grey/taupe/tan doll hat is finished. A smaller one is underway in a rich, dark purple and whatever follows that out from the depths of the ball. Noro is addictive stuff; I keep adding one more row, one more round, because of the way one color flows into the next.

Spent some time this morning working on my budget and writing checks for the bills I will be paying tomorrow, so that’s done. I’ll make a payment on my Iplehouse Naias, which will put me a month ahead on her layaway. Still waiting for my W-2, which should be here any day now. I’ve already entered my interest earned for the year and only have to plug in the amounts for gross income and my 401K deductions. (I now have a regular 401K and a Roth.)

I need to gather up my lunch stuff and my dinner stuff and my temple bag, and then I can curl up on the couch for some guilt-free knitting before it’s time to hop in the shower. I got almost six full hours of sleep last night, which bodes well for my productivity at work and with my knitting today.

No comments: