About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Five.

Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.

1. Gone out with a certain airman.

2. Turned away the first two sets of missionaries that came to the door when I was married to my first husband.

3. Not-filed a complaint with the EEOC against the man who interviewed me in Provo, when I was a student wife, when he asked when my husband and I planned to start our family.

4. Raced the next kid over during a spelling test in third grade. The teacher thought we were cheating, and I got an “F” on my test, and I had to tell my parents.

5. Eaten a Napoleon [sweet pastry] and chased it with a beer, back in my pre-LDS days. Both came up within fifteen minutes or so. Not fun.

6. Bitten my tongue quite so much, in my second marriage. I wish I had learned how to fight properly; i.e., respectfully and effectively.

No comments: