About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Five.

Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.

1. Gone out with a certain airman.

2. Turned away the first two sets of missionaries that came to the door when I was married to my first husband.

3. Not-filed a complaint with the EEOC against the man who interviewed me in Provo, when I was a student wife, when he asked when my husband and I planned to start our family.

4. Raced the next kid over during a spelling test in third grade. The teacher thought we were cheating, and I got an “F” on my test, and I had to tell my parents.

5. Eaten a Napoleon [sweet pastry] and chased it with a beer, back in my pre-LDS days. Both came up within fifteen minutes or so. Not fun.

6. Bitten my tongue quite so much, in my second marriage. I wish I had learned how to fight properly; i.e., respectfully and effectively.

No comments: