About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mamma Mia!

I didn’t know that Meryl Streep has a nice, clear singing voice. I shouldn’t have been surprised. And I didn’t know that Pierce Brosnan um, well, I give him full points for trying. I was all set to watch “The Quiet Man” after dinner last night, until the new guy said that he had “Mamma Mia!”

Sorry, Duke. I love you more than my luggage, but a musical will almost always outgun you.

In other surprising revelations, I learned that Darius Rucker, the country singer, is the same person as Hootie of Hootie and the Blowfish. Which would explain why I like “Come Back Song” as much as I’ve always liked “I Only Want to Be With You”.

Boggles. The. Mind. Almost as much as the fact that when I was listening to snippets of what the new guy’s oldest son was preparing to load onto his dad’s iPod, and I commented on how much I liked that second song, the new guy said, “Yeah, Darius Rucker is...” and I don’t remember what he said after that, because I was going “Butbutbutbutbut”.

It was a really good day. I drove at least 200 miles. [Felt like 500 on the last leg of the drive home.] I can still walk this morning, which is good because I need to sluice off very quickly and be out the door in a bit less than an hour. My friend the RS president asked if I could pick somebody up for church, which is certainly one way to make sure I’m there, on time, in my own ward.

I love Heaven’s sense of humor, even when it is aimed in my direction.

1 comment:

nekokoi said...

i adore Mamma Mia. the first time i saw it i was expecting campy fun, but it was better than just camp and i saw it thrice in theaters and owned the dvd the first week it was out. i watch it with alarming regularity and always sing along.

Amanda Seyfried does an especially lovely job as Sophie i think.

..i think i should go watch it again now. xD