About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Nine.

Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.



1. Kaleidoscope: many facets, unexpected combinations, endless and evanescent beauty, colorful, fragmented, noisy when you shake it, only works when you aim it at the Light.



2. Line dance: orderly, rhythmic, cooperative, exhausting, episodic, achy-breaky, yeehaw!, ending up where you started, stay in your box please [and stay out of mine], les quatre coins de la terre (the four quarters of the earth).



And if this image is to be believed, maybe a little pixilated, metaphorically if not literally.

Great day yesterday. Much to-ing and fro-ing with Fourthborn, getting the legalities taken care of for our future respective businesses. I reactivated my Texas Sales Tax ID. She got hers. We had lunch at L&L Hawaiian Barbecue, browsed the really cool fabric store where I got the Dior grey silk for Faith’s outfit, and just generally had fun together. After I took her home, I went to Knit Night by way of Chop House Burgers, where I picked up a slice of pie for breakfast. Which I am now about to eat. Much progress on both knitting projects.

Tonight I’m getting my hair cut, and Secondborn emailed to say that the part has arrived for my computer. My dance card is full until Sunday night. 2BDH could come put it in tonight after Scouts, but I may already be asleep by then.

A girl can dream, right?

No comments: