About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Minutiae

Another doll hat is finished, and a new one is on the needles. It’s a small one, so I may very well start and finish it today, although I think this may turn out to be a day for sewing, once I get the laundry and grocery shopping done.

I think my toaster may be fixin’ to give up the ghost. Twice in the past few days, the wires have remained on after the toast has popped up. I’ve had to push the lever down and pop it back up manually, to shut it off. I’ll watch it carefully, but I don’t smell any burning wires or anything.

I tidied the fridge before breakfast. There was baby spinach which was ready for a pension. And I am down to one egg, which means that this will not be a Saturday like last weekend, where I didn’t get out of my jammies all day.

But first, I think I will take a wee nap. I woke up at 3:45, which seems to be the new normal if this past week is anything to go by, and I think it’s time to show my pituitary or hypothalamus or navel, or whoever thinks they are in charge of how much sleep I get, who is really and truly in charge around here. [I’ll wait while you all stop laughing.]

I got through an entire week without Cherry Coke. I did it by willpower, stretching, and much giving-myself-a-good-talking-to. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, my friend who runs the deli in my building has not been carrying Cherry Coke, and I find that I’m no longer crazy about regular Coke. I’ve been wondering if some of my food sensitivity issues might be linked to Cherry Coke, and so far the jury is still out.

The fireplace just kicked on, so I am going to bask (or maybe baste would be a better word), and then I am going to make a mad dash for bed before I cool off. And then I will get up and deal with minutiae.

Middlest posted about the new Iplehouse limited edition doll. Male sculpt, and he weighs 3 kilos. Jessica was something like 1.94 kilos, and she was just too massive for me to wrangle. So, not even tempted, though the new limited edition tinies are both cute. I would love to have the flame wings and boots for one of my other girls, but I’m not willing to add that to my order for Naias, who is meant to be a water sprite. [The Iplehouse tinies are elemenals: Byuri is air, Naias is water, Efreet is fire, and the other one, whose name escapes me, is earth.]

Still waiting on my W-2 but am guessing today or tomorrow.

Naptime.

1 comment:

nekokoi said...

i'm a rabid Iple-enabler, i'm encouraging Roro to get Arvid just so i can split off the shotgun and knife for my girls. Eve and Cori collect scaled weaponry. xD

also Cowboys are kinda sexy (the real ones, not the football ones) and it's hard not to enjoy the thought of having one in the extended doll family.