About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Six.

Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)

1. (I have five daughters; that would be the obvious answer. But in the spirit of reaching beyond the obvious:) Winston Churchill

2. Queen Elizabeth the First

3. Queen Esther

4. Joseph Smith

5. My ninth-grade algebra teacher.

I am sort-of online again. The computer is plugged in until 2BDH gets the new part in the mail, which should be sometime next week. I do not want to think about what my Yahoo! mailbox looks like, but I am heading over there shortly to do a massive purge, and if I bob to the surface again before midnight, I will run out and get some celebratory ice cream at CVS.

I am knitting up the yarn which my sister sent me for Christmas. It is gorgeous stuff. I went to the bead store after a family birthday party yesterday, looking for half a dozen beads or whatnots to attach on the cast-on row where the colors change, but found nothing to my liking. These yarns are a color not found in nature.

I have an appointment with the hair magician whom Firstborn and Secondborn both recommended.

My attorney gave me a she walks on water in her spare time performance review (and gave me a printout of it). I went into his office, closed the door, and told him he was not supposed to make his secretary cry. He said his only fear now is that word will leak out how good I am, and they will take me away and give me to somebody else. I told him that would not happen without a fight on my part, too.

I got to dance with the new guy at the dance on Friday night.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Yea for your work awesomness.