About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Knitwit

Yesterday was an interesting day at work. I was able to stay busy most of the day, although at one point, after I had winnowed out my inbox, I was so desperate as to sign up on a link from the company’s wellness website. And read every article. Thankfully, things picked up shortly after that. I think it was the work equivalent of after the trial of your faith, come the blessings.

Knit Night was wonderful, as usual. I am very nearly done with the green thingie, which was much oohed and aahed over. I bought three balls of Noro sock yarn to make more doll hats, and I am itching to get started. They will not be church knitting, obviously. And I think I hammered out a useful-to-me inventory code for the finished hats, incorporating the doll size, the number of stitches cast on for the hat ribbing, the yarn used, and the colorway.

I still have no idea what I want to use for graphics, for the banner on my [future] Etsy site, the packaging, etc. I’ll let my subconscious chew away on that while I am typing what promises to be a somewhat complicated deposition summary [multiple plaintiffs; thankfully, no co-defendants] for Lawyer B.

I just did an assumed name search for what I thought might be a brilliant name for the Etsy shop. Somebody in Dallas County has a corporation by that name. Great minds. Plan B. Time for some consolatory knitting.

No comments: