About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Those pre-fab posts were nice.

I could use another one this morning.

I had another great, productive day at work yesterday. I really enjoyed the novel sensation of being entirely rested. And of course it was lovely to be, and to serve, in the temple last night.

The sunrise yesterday, and the sunset last night, were both spectacular. Heaven’s paintbrushes have been very busy recently.

I’m not sure that I touched the teal green thingie yesterday, except to move it out of the way in my knitting bag. I hope to remedy that today. The little stripedy cowl is galloping along, because I can whip out a twelve-stitch row while stuck in traffic or sitting at a light.

Lawyer B brought me a report that needs to go out today, so that I could make a dent in it. I moved it to his outbox at 4:59 and ran a victory lap inside my head.

What? You don’t do that?

Today is all about hydration. I plan on drinking at least the recommended eight, 8oz glasses of water, just to play catch-up. And then some more for good measure. My poor hands are parched, cracking, and still red in a couple of spots where they bled yesterday. I woke up about 3:30 this morning and worked in four separate dabs of scented shea butter before going back to bed. I need to find a source for unscented (assuming it does not smell nasty in the wild) to use on my temple days. Shea butter seems to be the only thing that really soothes. I did put out an SOS on Facebook; I wonder if the responses will be as wildly varied as they were regarding that episode of hives?

Tonight is my monthly dinner with Brother Sushi. We are going back to Chop House Burgers, my nickel. And I need to stop of at the Nail Dude’s, because I have one nail that is fixin’ to fly.

OK, this is the part where I get ready for work, when I would much rather go back to bed. Good thing I love my job! It’s payday, and Lorelai wants more gas, so I think I will buy myself a nice mug of hot chocolate while I’m there.

Happy Friday, everybody!

2 comments:

Kenny Mills said...

Thanks for coming down to Chop House Burgers tonight.Good to see ya'll

PAMELA said...

Please introduce me some places for buying shea butter. I live in Texas :)