About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Eight.

Day Eight: Three turn-ons.

1. torch songs [I have them; I just don’t listen to them (often) because there’s no sense being in the mood when I’m not authorized to share.]

2. the tango [I will know that I am really, truly a grownup when I learn how to dance this dance which requires that the woman have no opinion.]

3. Jeff Bridges in “Starman”; hence, one of my children [who just screamed “Mom, noooooo!” and dived under her computer desk]

I think this is going to be a pretty good day. I woke an hour or so ago with the hives from last night’s dinner mostly-gone. And some pretty creative solutions for stopping the itch, as comments on my Facebook post.

What’s on the agenda? Cleaning at the dentist’s. Helping Fourthborn with the legalities of setting up in business (sales tax permit, etc.) and maybe a field trip to the really cool fabric store if road conditions permit. Some of my outlying coworkers elected to take a vacation day yesterday. I haven’t checked on the roads yet, but they were OK when I drove to work and when I drove home again.

And of course there will be lots of lovely knitting. Starting now.

2 comments:

nekokoi said...

xD no, i'm surprisingly well-adjusted about that really. and there's no room under my computer desk for me to dive.

whenever you're ready to do legal-stuff i am too. i've got plenty of time. <3

Jenni said...

I know who Jeff Bridges is but I will have to google the Starman thing. I say whatever floats your boat.