About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, September 09, 2013

A little less nutsy.

On the one hand, I am thankful that clutter now bothers me. Particularly when it is new clutter that messes up a space I have recently uncluttered. On the other hand, it is not fun going to bed with a new mess to deal with, or waking up to find that it did not magically sort itself out while I was sleeping.

I got almost all of the paperwork shoved into my A-Z accordion folder. And I got most of the magazines and catalogues shelved or otherwise dealt with. I am about ready to tackle another batch. I also wrangled a bunch of receipts and balanced my checkbook and caught a mistake before it became a disaster (middling-sized deposit that was entered twice, *shudder*).

So tonight I will go to dinner with the Empty Nesters with a clear financial conscience.

I tackled all that after lunch but before my nap. Which meant that by 6:30 I was just barely dragging. So I grabbed a quick snack and crashed. Seven (!!!) hours later I woke up. Sliced one of those enormous Costco/Einstein bagels in half and put one half back in the fridge. The other shook hands with some Nutella and is down the hatch. Which reminds me that I haven't finished my milk.

I think I will set the timer for 10 minutes and tidy like crazy and go back to bed.

No comments: