About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 09, 2013

A little less nutsy.

On the one hand, I am thankful that clutter now bothers me. Particularly when it is new clutter that messes up a space I have recently uncluttered. On the other hand, it is not fun going to bed with a new mess to deal with, or waking up to find that it did not magically sort itself out while I was sleeping.

I got almost all of the paperwork shoved into my A-Z accordion folder. And I got most of the magazines and catalogues shelved or otherwise dealt with. I am about ready to tackle another batch. I also wrangled a bunch of receipts and balanced my checkbook and caught a mistake before it became a disaster (middling-sized deposit that was entered twice, *shudder*).

So tonight I will go to dinner with the Empty Nesters with a clear financial conscience.

I tackled all that after lunch but before my nap. Which meant that by 6:30 I was just barely dragging. So I grabbed a quick snack and crashed. Seven (!!!) hours later I woke up. Sliced one of those enormous Costco/Einstein bagels in half and put one half back in the fridge. The other shook hands with some Nutella and is down the hatch. Which reminds me that I haven't finished my milk.

I think I will set the timer for 10 minutes and tidy like crazy and go back to bed.

No comments: