About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

So it's Tuesday.

I had a great day at work and a lovely FHE. Although I wasn't strictly home for much of it. I ate a simple dinner then ran a couple of errands. I needed glue sticks, first and foremost. I wanted mechanical pencils and click erasers. And a finishing detail for one of the birthday cards. Missions accomplished!

Last night I spent an hour or more making paper candy corn for a garland that will hang either here at home or in my cubicle at work. This, from the kit I bought on Saturday. I went to bed tired but happy.

This morning I finished the card and traced around a doll cape I borrowed from Fourthborn when I bought Charity to celebrate getting (briefly) out of debt almost two years ago. I'll return the cape when I pick up my human kid for Knit Night tonight.

I'm making steady progress on Middlest's doll sweater. And thus far thoroughly enjoying the process of adapting the pattern for Chutzpah's sweater.

Time to figure out what I'm wearing to work and taking for lunch.

It's a good thing I've asked National Geographic to stop sending catalogues. The last one arrived in yesterday's mail, and there are several items I would love to have. Into the trash it goes, with a "Get thee behind me, NG!" And one small sigh of regret.

No comments: