About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Homeowner.

Not to the same degree I will be when the mortgage is paid off, but now it is my name on the line. Scary-but-wonderful. Next step is to ask the home teachers to dedicate the house. I'm sure that Beloved and his late wife did that when they were here, but I wasn't part of the picture then.

No house payment until next month. That might give me enough time to sort through everything I signed yesterday and find what I need in order to revamp my spreadsheets.

The people at the title company were lovely. I was pleased (and a little irritated) to get a call when I was halfway to Denton, saying that that was a long way to drive to sign paperwork, and did I want somebody to come out to the house?

Not when I've converted half a day of vacation to personal time so I could take care of this, no. (Insert the cough which blew up out of nowhere and means that I feel stuck and angry. So maybe a little more than a little irritated.)

Let it go, Ms. Ravelled, let it go.

When I got that call, I was sitting in the parking lot at the quilt shop, preparing to go inside and sign us up for the block of the month club. Firstborn, Fourthborn and I are doing it. Secondborn has three small children and has wisely abstained. I think Middlest may participate via mail order. I also picked up adjunct software (60% off!!!)for Electric Quilt 5, which was installed on my old computer but not the new one, which is depreciating quietly in the middle bedroom.

Lorelai is ready at the shop. She needed a new battery, an oil change, her brakes unsquealed, and  her 180K mile checkup.

Time for breakfast. I made a batch of tapioca for dinner last night and ate half of it before my massage and the rest when I got home. I'm ready for something to chew.

I also need to tank the Tardis. It's running on fumes after yesterday's jaunt. But first I think I will knit, just a little while I decide what's for breakfast.

No comments: