About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

And *I've* been busy.

I gave myself a honey-do list as long as your arm yesterday. And I got most of it done. All the important stuff, anyway. There has been a box in the garage that kept catching my eye. So I brought it inside. And another open one filled with poly stuffing that was probably contaminated by bug yuck and is now waiting for the trash man on Tuesday.

The first box had vitamins and OTC pain meds and some of my late mother in law's meds. All of which had spent nearly a year in her storage unit and another eight months in my garage. I consolidated ten bottles into five and mailed them off for proper disposal. Sharps went to the fire department for disposal.

Took another ten water bottles for recycling points and the two empty five gallon bottles back to the store. I know that Beloved wanted to refill them and use them for emergency storage. But since I can no longer lift a 40# container, and since they have been occupying prime real estate in my living room from the day I moved in, I got them hence.

On my shopping run, I hit Costco, Trader Joe's, Paper Source, and Sprouts. I did not get to the restaurant supply shop (for a second magnetic knife rack), Wally World, or Tom Thumb.

And I cannot throw anything else away until after the trash man comes. That bin is full. Yesterday was almost a two bushel day.

In the afternoon I met my BFFE of nearly 20 years at a boutique chocolatier in an old neighborhood in Dallas. Lovely shop, lovely staff, hellacious traffic, minuscule dedicated parking lot. Next time I will (A) not be driving the Tardis and (B) go during my lunch hour, when traffic might be somewhat lighter. I brought home some Flower Child Truffles, flavored with bergamot, orange and jasmine. I sampled their hazelnut spread, which makes my beloved Nutella seem very sad and wan.

Took a catnap when I got home. In the evening one of my friends from serving in the temple came by before the singles dance with a T-shirt and a story. She had been to an old Southern city on business. One of the restaurants shared Beloved's given name. So now I have a T-shirt that says (Beloved's) Heart and Soul.

Well, I have been up for an hour, and my stomach thinks my throat's been cut, and in all my running about yesterday, I did not read any of my lessons. Time for me to post this and take care of business.

No comments: