About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Poor elephant!

Last night Fourthborn and I had dinner at Cheesecake Factory again. This time I had the mango key lime, which was terrific. She played it safe with the chocolate raspberry and thinks that the white chocolate raspberry is better balanced in terms of flavor.

At one point I recognized the music overhead (barely discernible above the growing din of conversation around us) and commented "that's Ella Fitzgerald."

Blink. Pause. "The elephant's sterile?"

Definitely my kid.

Have I mentioned that a week or so ago on the way to Knit Night, we passed a place called Prime Injury Clinic and decided you could go there the first time you were hurt. And the second, third, fifth, seventh, eleventh, but not the ones in between.

It now occurs to me why I've never seen a Fibonacci Injury Clinic. You could die before seeing a doctor.

In technology news, I have apparently lost the stylus to my smart phone. I checked my purse last night but was too tired to think about ransacking my knitting bag. That's next. And Lorelai once it gets light.

I wonder how much Sprint thinks a stylus is worth? I probably don't want to know. And hopefully won't have to find out.

In knitting news, I am suddenly disenchanted with the current stealth project. More precisely, with its gauge. But I have all the components to design the modifications to Chutzpah's sweater. So I think I will start and see how it goes.

My nighttime routine has fallen to bits. It used to involve my French BOM, the recorder, and the banjo. I am really struggling with the issue of pretty nails vs. the banjo. I haven't been able to fret the banjo properly. At all.

I've worn acrylic nails continuously for 15 years. My natural nails are thin and brittle, with a tendency to tear at the side, just below the quick. Not fun. A layer of acrylic protects them. Long nails make me feel feminine. I like having pretty hands. I like not having pain from a torn nail.

I haven't touched the banjo in three weeks. Or the recorder. Partly in order to finish the scarf for Squishy's birthday. Partly because I'm trying to decide what to do with my nails. And partly because I'm tired of staying up until midnight to get it all done.

But I miss my music. And I miss how the Spirit speaks to me when I read the scriptures in French (the insights come in English). So I need to get this figured out.

Meanwhile I think I will rustle up some grub and curl up with a Good Book.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Sounds like you need to play A Little Night Music. (Einekleinenachmusik? Don't hold me to it on the original German. Or did I nail it?)

Tola said...

we buy all our cell phone and other technology bits from www.cellphoneshop.com . great prices, free shipping at $25, and pretty quick shipping (from China).