About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Lucky day?

I have had four consecutive really good days at work. Days in which I kept up with the mail, wrangled my email folders into submission, generated new paperwork to go out, further tidied my physical desktop, connected with the people I was calling, and on and on.

This is Friday the 13th. Traditionally a good day for me. (And this year I even have a black cat, but he's banished to outside.) So maybe the perfect day to deal with something that's been on my mind for several weeks.

In the meantime, the current small knitting project is going well. It's a stash buster, sweetly mindless, and will end up as a birthday or Christmas gift.

The refund check from my earnest money on the refinance has arrived and will be deposited today. That puts me at 80% for the doll sofa if I choose to buy it for my tinies. I was discussing that with Fourthborn either going to or from Knit Night. If I do end up buying it, I want to do so before Christmas shopping season begins. Navigating to that shopping center is crazy enough at the best of times.

I am more interested in decorating for fall. And I haven't felt that way for years. I did a lot of that in the penultimate apartment. And a very little when I lived in Fort Worth. While there, I gave away much of my holiday stuff because space was at a premium, and so many of my friends were in serious need of festivity.

I don't want to buy anything new. But I do think I'll pull out a couple of my favorite things and spring for some holiday M&M's. I think I still have that candle that looks like a giant candy corn.

Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: