About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

They've been busy.

The Three Nephites, that is. I think one of them, or some other errand-of-angels being, might very well have snuck my missing stylus onto my desk last night. I don't remember its being there while I played on the computer as the rice cooked. It was approximately where my right forearm would have been. You'd think that I would have felt it as I played Free Cell.

However it got there, I am grateful and happy. That's almost $250 saved in the past week. First I found my DP's, and now this.

Knit did not happen yesterday. But I did read more than one chapter in my French BOM.

We are watching a movie at lunch. One I had kinda wanted to see when it was in the theaters this summer: Epic. It's cute, *and* I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. Thus far, it's Ferngully Lite, with Steven Tyler in the Robin Williams role.

We'll finish watching it today. I don't anticipate dashing out to buy a copy tonight. Is that damning with faint praise, or praising with faint damns?

I tried an experiment from Real Simple last night: I put a pair of ultra-light socks on before bed. The ones that don't come all the way up past my ankles, so no heavy elastic constricting my circulation. The ones that, when I wear them during the day, slip down under my heels and bunch up in my arches as I walk.

Sometimes when I first wake up, the toes on my right foot feel a little off. I consulted the Google and Thummim. Reasonably sure that when I have my well woman later this year, the lab tests will continue to confirm no sign of diabetes. So I'm not worried about neuropathy in that sense. Also quite sure that none of the other dire diagnoses apply.

I've been up for an hour, and sensation in both feet is normal. Foot color is good. Both ankles are dayglo red but not particularly stiff, and I'm not registering any pain. That redness will fade quickly if I eat the right foods for breakfast. (That's actually kinda cool to watch. Yes, I'm easily amused.)

So maybe the Grand Sock Experiment was a success? Even if both socks worked themselves down into my arches during the night?

At any rate, I have my stylus once again. Blogging is ever so much easier this morning.

And it's time to toast the waffles. The sausage smells done.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Very loose socks on the feet at night are the only way to go. Loose also means you can kick them off if you get too warm. It takes forever for my cold feet to warm up, so, yeah.