About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 02, 2013

"Do you know if you still have Dad’s flamethrower?"

No, I don't. It could be anywhere in that garage. Or it could have gone home with one of Squishy's siblings. There are all sorts of toys out there. Beloved was the ultimate Good Scout, prepared for nearly anything life could throw at him. Including weeds too stubborn to yield to a weed whacker.

I finished Squishy's birthday present this afternoon and took it to his all day board game party, rolled up and wrapped in gold tissue paper and stuffed into his dad's camp cup. Both of which were received with jubilation and an exuberant hug.

The stealth knitting for the past nine days has been a long woolen scarf. A very long woolen scarf. Measured flat on the bed, six feet in length. Knitted a little loosely for the sake of my sanity. So when Squishy unrolled it and held it up, it was suddenly longer than he is tall. He just grinned.

There may not be a whole lot of knitting for the next day or so. I have some of my Seattle yarn wound into a ball and ready to go, but no idea what to make from it. Maybe a cowl or an infinity scarf. I think I will log onto Ravelry and see how others have used it.

Or maybe I will just sit here and read.

No comments: