About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chaos 0, Ms. Ravelled 1.5

I have one trash bag entirely full of shredded documents and another that I topped off with same. They will go out to the bin as I leave for church. I just put another 2.5" stack of paperwork on top of the shredder for later.

I am currently tackling the Dreaded Box Under The Desk. My original goal was to grab a handful of file folders and stow contents of the significantly smaller Box On The Corner Of The Bed (which is also significantly less intimidating). But I have momentarily run out of file folders.

I know there's a box of them somewhere, because we inherited one or more boxes from Beloved's mother when we emptied her storage unit. (Unless I've already given it/them away.) My thought was to repurpose file folders from the Dreaded Box. Except there are none, save a few legal-sized ones that will not fit into the file drawer. I did find neatly organized stacks of old bank statements, paperwork from when one of the boys totaled a car, and informational booklets from a former health insurance provider.

I will take my progress where I find it. The stuff that had bummed me out so, last weekend, when I had to stack it in front of my closet, is now 97% dealt-with. After church today I may spend more time on the Dreaded Box. Or I might grab my tape measure and start redesigning the interior of my closet.

I had a blast at Bittiest's party yesterday. I picked up a handful of embellishments on deep discount and made more birthday cards. I also picked up two small canisters with vinyl wall mottoes. One for the dining room or possibly the guest bathroom. The other for my studio.

And after I was done making cards, even though I could barely keep my eyes open, I put my supplies and tools away. Because sometimes I don't. Which is why the fallow side of the bed has been such a wreck, for far too long.

But I'm gaining on it.

No comments: