About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, October 02, 2017

A good weekend, and a good day at work.

General Conference was everything I could have wished. I've been catching up on a few talks that I missed. Internet issues, mostly, that interrupted one talk or another, and I slept through the priesthood session but will catch up on that one talk at a time. Elder Bednar's talk was the one that gave me the most to chew on.

I finished Justice's second sock on Saturday and her shirt yesterday. I have about half of a skirt put together. Not sure how I want to develop it further. I tore through my stash of lace and trims after dinner tonight, and nothing's quite right.

Our new admin started this morning, and the office manager is continuing to interview legal secretaries. We are once more approaching fully staffed and up to speed, and it's a lovely feeling.

Going to bed now, because I woke an hour ahead of my alarm this morning, and notwithstanding all of the sleep I got between Conference sessions, I'm feeling it. I'd like to have as good a day at work tomorrow as I did today, and for that I need a rested mind and body.

No comments: