About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

So, the plan was to keep it simple this evening.

And for the most part, I succeeded: pick up two cases of bottled water on the way home, mend a little spot on the shoulder seam of my red corduroy jacket (turns out there were two small spots, but both are properly mended), and knit on the scarf for Moosie.

The only complication was that when I parked near the store to fetch the water, I had an impulse to go inside Cato, where I've never found much to my liking in the past. But I left with a rayon twill buffalo check shark-hemmed tunic that appears to be reasonably well-made and feels so good to the touch. Of course, it hadn't been properly steamed, so I spent half an hour carefully steam-pressing it on the wool setting with a new pressing cloth between the iron and the tunic.

I'm quite pleased with how it came out after a little attention, and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.

In knitting news, I'm ready to check Moosie's scarf and figure out how much longer it needs to be. I'm hoping that I have a small button the right color, and then I can just work a buttonhole at the right spot so it will stay on him.

I still don't know what to make to cover his torso, but I suspect inspiration will strike once the scarf is done. Hop to it, Ms. Ravelled!

No comments: