About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Flow. Flow. Flow. Flow. Zot! Zot! Zot!

It was rather nice to spend an entire day in the office. For the most part, the day just rolled smoothly along, task after task getting crossed off the ToDo list. About 4:00pm all you know what broke loose. A mediation that opposing counsel was trying to reschedule to an earlier date. A client who was scheduled for deposition tomorrow who woke up at dark-thirty this morning feverish and barfing. Another client whose attorney I back up, who thought her deposition had been rescheduled for February ~ it was her trial date ~ and was not available to be deposed tomorrow. I remarked to a friend that if I were still a drinking woman (which I haven't been for 42 years), today would be a day for a nice cold margarita.

Drive home was uneventful. I've spent a good chunk of the evening researching Mississippi River cruises and Alaska cruises and making notes for maybe-after-retirement.

A little more progress on Moosey's stuff. I'm about to hop off the computer and get stitching.

And in other good news, a replacement water reservoir for my CPAP was waiting for me when I got home.

Is anyone here familiar with Quirk Books? An ad popped up on my FB feed for Star Wars VII rewritten in iambic pentameter with woodblock illustrations. William Shakespeare's The Force Doth Awaken: Star Wars Part the Seventh. I'm intrigued. And slightly appalled that the Kindle version costs more than the indie-printed hardcover. But since I haven't seen the actual movie, I'm holding off for awhile. I did download his Dickens/Shakespeare "A Christmas Carol" and will get back to you.

But for now, Moosey's stuff is calling my name.

No comments: