About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, October 20, 2017

It was a good day, and rather a long week.

I felt productive at work, by the grace of Heaven, and it was very very nice to shut down the popcorn stand at the end of the day and come home by way of JoAnn's. My first thought was to buy half a yard or so of aqua tulle to make a tutu for Moosie, but I found some (non-lunatic) fringe that will do well for a grass skirt, and some flower passementerie. I bought six inches of each and brought home a roll of the passementerie in another color, quite possibly for Justice's unfinished skirt.

I thought I had some fairly wide aqua or turquoise silk ribbon that I could use to cover the header on the fringe and to protect the edges of the braid, but I've come up empty. I do have some turquoise silk broadcloth that I bought roughly 30 years ago to make myself a blouse, and I could cut a small section of that. Or I could take a side trip to Fort Worth tomorrow before my friends' anniversary party and go to The French Knot and see what they have. Or I could broaden my palette and use a different color that I have on hand. I'm not going to do anything tonight, except maybe traipse back into my studio and rummage through the drawer that has my silk embroidery supplies.

Knit did not happen today. At all. But I listened to a TED talk, and I made myself a healthy dinner instead of eating out, and there's still time for knitting before bedtime. I woke nearly an hour before the alarm this morning because my bladder was yodeling. As soon as it was happy, my stomach chimed in, "Hey! You're vertical! You should go out to the kitchen! Like, five minutes ago!"

I think this is going to be a mostly-sleeping weekend, as opposed to a mostly-eating weekend. But I am determined that it will be both restful and restorative.

No comments: