About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, October 30, 2017

The "rest" of the story

I was mostly ready for work this morning when I decided to stay home and sleep instead. My sinuses and nose were still a little crabby, although the thunderous sneezes of yesterday were only a memory. Thank goodness! I wasn't sure if the bodily calm would continue or if it were merely the calm before another storm. So I did the sensible thing and honored my body and called into work.

I was back in bed by a quarter to nine and slept for five solid hours!!! It was good quality sleep, too. Happy, peaceful dreams. Since then I've been alternating between scanning documents, playing the occasional AARP game, and eating.

After 5:00, I moseyed out to the car, because Middlest had consumed the last of the meal supplements that have bringing my kid a measure of comfort and nutrition, and I needed to deliver the four cases of water I'd taken to church yesterday for our project to comfort the homeless this winter, but which I'd completely forgotten when my head started exploding. Went to Costco, bought the absolute necessities, tanked the Tardis, and brought everything home by way of the pharmacy, because I had a refill that was ready to pick up. Completely forgetting to cross the street and get us some more OJ and milk.

I did stop ~ briefly ~ at the party store with the intention of picking up some of those little paper parasols that I've loved since I was a kid and bought them for my Barbies. Completely forgetting that this was Halloween Eve until I walked into the store and found the aisles jammed. I made my way up one aisle, down the other, and out the door again. As Middlest would say, I noped right out of that store.

Forgetting seems to be the theme of this day and of this post. Once I'd gotten home and put the groceries away, I hopped back in the Tardis and drove to a different Braums and got what we needed. I need to take the meds that I should have taken an hour ago, check to see if the T-shirt I want to wear to work for Halloween is still presentable or if I should go with Plan B, and hit the sack.

Later, gators. I'm pleased to report that my head seems clear (except for the forgetting part) and my nose and lips are only a little chapped from yesterday's adventures.

No comments: