About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Too much doing yesterday = nothing doing today.

I went to bed feeling pretty pleased about how the day had gone. Lots and lots and lots of running, loved ones seen, barest of necessities purchased, and the Tardis tanked for the Sabbath. Had a good night's sleep, got to church on time, frogged the sock heel flap before sacrament meeting started. No difficulty getting up to conduct the music, or to sit down again.

Today was fast and testimony Sunday. The testimonies borne were sweet and tender, and they barely registered because I couldn't find a comfortable position for my legs, which were in nearly constant motion. No pain whatsover, just "get us out of here" restlessness. I have no explanation.

So I made my excuses and left after sacrament meeting. Ate leftovers from yesterday's birthday celebration and other remnants in the fridge, played two or three games, and went to bed.

Since waking, I've prepared my spreadsheets for next year and the year after that. I do a two-year budget bundle; this will be the fourth one since marrying Beloved. I was able to eliminate a couple of columns that no longer apply, and all of the sheets which have dates on them (paydays, mortgage installment days) have had those cells populated. I've picked out color-coding for the next two years.

I do this because I've been too cheap to buy Quicken and keep it updated. That may change for next year. I'll have to think about that.

I haven't knitted, other than the frogging of the baby sock, nor have I sewn anything for Moosie. I think I'll go listen to a Conference address and whip up something quick on my needles, just to feel that this day has been a waste that neither fed me spiritually nor blessed anyone or anything but this quirky body. I'd like to have something to show for it when I go back to bed in a couple of hours.


No comments: