About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, October 06, 2017

This, from Middlest.

"His vacation is the Metamucil that makes your workflow go smoothly." I was laughing so hard inside that it was hard to walk down the hall to wake up my computer and get this written down.

Work was beyond frustrating today. It was not due to my attorneys. Both were out of the office. It was not due to my coworkers. They are great people. We had technology issues. Which is like saying that Titanic hit an iceberg. A task that would normally have taken two or three minutes took the better part of half an hour. Maybe longer. I was too busy twitching.

I did get in a bit of knitting between the increments of progress on several tasks. About half of a heel flap, to be exact, and by the time I sat down to dinner said heel flap was ready for the magical, mystical turning of the heel. Still gets me, every time.

After work I was knackered and in need of self care. Left a voicemail on Middlest's phone and an IM on Facebook, telling my kid that I was going to get a haircut and dinner and maybe catch a movie. Thank you, Supercuts and Panera! My hair feels and smells wonderful. (I wish Beloved were here to appreciate it.) My tummy is a happy camper: clam chowder and Caesar salad each did their part.

I decided to skip the movie for tonight, hit Braum's for milk and buttermilk and OJ and apple juice, then come home and hop into my jammies.

I want to see the new Judi Dench movie about Queen Victoria (12th cousin, twice removed). And it doesn't need to happen tonight. I have the slightest bit of a headache and am going to drink a little buttermilk, eat a handful of ginger cookies, take my meds, maybe read for a few minutes, and call it a day.

Night, y'all. Have fun storming the castle.

No comments: