About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Hello, Fitbit.

Firstborn gave me her old one at family brunch yesterday. I've got it synced with the app I've been using for a little over a month. I can finally stop using my phone as a proxy.  I've begun to tweak the default settings. 5,000 steps instead of 10,000. 7 hours of sleep instead of 8.

I was curious to see what my sleep patterns would look like. In the 8 hours and 20 minutes that I was horizontal last night, I only slept 7 hours and 22 minutes. That's 58 minutes of being awake when I *thought* I was sleeping. My other app has no provision for naps. Fitbit does. The nap I took this afternoon consisted of two long periods bracketing a very short period of deep sleep, all separated by slivers of REM sleep. In other words, I slept like a log. The only bit of waking time was as I was drifting off to sleep.

I like that I can keep track of my water consumption. I'm happy with the default setting: 64oz.

Today our weather was unseasonably cool and delightful. 72F° at 10am and 82°F predicted for noon, with a nice breeze and a 15% chance of rain. We live about a block and a half from the chapel as the crow flies. Driving, it's almost three times longer, a bit less if I walk down the alley.

I was feeling adventurous. I decided to see if I could walk to church. (I couldn't have, six months ago.) And I did, then home again after church. At this writing I have 3306 steps for the day, when most Sundays it's been more like 500-1000 logged because I forget to grab my phone when I'm up and about.

Knit has not happened today, but I got quite a bit in after family brunch yesterday. I wove in the ends from the last of the frogged  yarn. The scarf is roughly 28" long. Target is 36" before I check with Middlest to see if he thinks it will make a cowl of sufficient circumference.

I've set myself a reading goal to catch up on The Economist before the end of the month. Time to read.

Oh, before I go: office manager sent out a text that when the reno crew tore out the last of the kitchen cabinets yesterday, they found mold. We're tentatively opening at 1:00pm tomorrow, depending on if the mold expert who's supposed to show up bright and early says it's safe. No alarm clock tonight, and lots of knitting and/or reading time tomorrow morning. Likelihood of meeting my steps goal? Partly cloudy to flash flooding.

No comments: