About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Semi-wasted day.

I did not sleep well last night. Middlest and I think it probably has to do something with the CPAP issue, which should be resolved around the end of the coming week. I had enough energy to stay for all three hours of church (but just barely) and was richly rewarded by the time spent in Sunday School and Relief Society.

Came home, made a big pot of black beans, corn, Ro-Tel, and chili, all portioned out for lunches this week after putting two scoops into a latte cup. Nuked a cup of easy-mac and stirred it in. Filled my tummy and cleared my sinuses in one non-fell swoop.

And then I went back to bed and slept for something like six hours. It will be interesting to see if I get any more sleep tonight, but while my dreams were colorful, they were not anxiety-driven. I'll take that as a win.

I've listened to two TED talks since arising. Dinner was some leftover mashed potatoes with a big glob of Greek yogurt and a generous grating of Tillamook extra sharp. Carbs, protein, and happy fat. I also took two overripe bananas, a whole lot of hulled strawberries, two cups of apple juice, and the last of the buttermilk plus half a bottle of water and created four bottles of smoothies to take to work this week. Now the new bananas can go onto the banana hanger, further reducing the minute amount of clutter on a different counter.

I also emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, which is humming happily in the background. That dishwasher was one of my first adult purchases after becoming a widowhood. Firstborn helped me a little with the research, and I've been pleased with my choice ever since.

We have three different sets of healthcare appointments this week. Dental cleanings for the three of us on Tuesday, and I only remembered this morning how that was going to impact my budget. I am working really hard to whittle down my credit card balance, and I don't want to just put them on plastic. Then an appointment for Fourthborn at a new facility on Thursday, and she would like me to take her. (I probably won't need to the next time she goes, because it is, I think, closer to her apartment than where her GP practices, but I'm happy to help. She is making small, determined, steady strides in dealing with her anxiety, and I am so proud of her efforts.) Middlest has the regular monthly appointment on Friday morning, and then we trek to the pharmacy because the Rx has to be hand-carried. But so worth it for how it helps my kid focus.

Friday night is the monthly doll meet. Saturday I'm feeding the elders since I completely forgot yesterday and going from there to a friend's house for Girls Night Out with soup and rolls and desserts and lots of happy conversation.

There has even been knitting today. I got the baby sock back on its needles and am working the gusset decreases. It's been good to take a break from baby socks and work on things for Moosie, because I've actually enjoyed working on the sock today.

No comments: