About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 29, 2018

A remarkably good workweek.

Given that I was out of the office for a day and a half. Two answers filed today, one case closed, and a good start made on the next trial notebook. A blessedly brief tactical meeting for a committee that I'm on.

Before bedtime last night, I finished the heel flap. Since then I've picked up stitches and am working the gusset decreases. There's an excellent chance that I can finish the second sock before bedtime. These socks will be fraternal twins. They are meant for TheKid and his girlfriend, who are having their second child, a boy. I don't think I've ever finished a pair of baby socks in eight days. The baby is arriving next Tuesday, and we didn't even know that they were expecting until two weeks ago.

Fortunately, baby socks are a small, portable project, unlike (say) beading the hem of a me-sized sweater.

In fashion news, I saw something interesting/strange on Pinterest in the past couple of days. Some bright soul has designed short half-slips with deep lace hems (maybe 8-12" from waist to hem), to go under tunics or shirts to visually lengthen them. I have some half-slips that I don't wear, that I could re-purpose to that end (har har), plenty of elastic for new waistbands, and at least one piece of suitable lace. Sewing might happen this weekend, or I might just sketch out some designs.

But for now, I need to get out of this chair and put my feet up and start knitting. There are podcasts stacking up like cordwood on my app. (I need to figure out how to delete them once I've listened.)

Later, gators.




No comments: