About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

This was a really good day.

I got a lot accomplished at work, ate sensibly, and finished weaving in the ends on the baby socks. Picked up Fourthborn, enjoyed a healthy meal at IKEA with my Knit Night friends, and delivered my kid to her apartment without a scintilla of the drama that made last Tuesday so memorable.

I did not knit, however, because I'd left my size 10 needles at home, and I need them to bind off the hem of the sweater.

As soon as this load of wash is done, it goes into the dryer and I fall into bed.

Mailed off letters to my senators and congressman today. Was pleased to see that Snopes debunked the various Republican spins on how long this "policy" of separating children from their parents at the border has been around.

If it hasn't already been done, somebody needs to revive the Nixon-era bumper sticker: Jail to the Chief.

No comments: