About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Semi-social butterfly

Took a late lunch, because I had a one-month checkup with my surgeon, primarily to see if the progesterone was working and if I'd noticed any side effects. I told him about the interaction with my muscle relaxer, and that I haven't missed the latter since I stopped taking it, and there have been no further side effects. He okayed me to fill the Rx for the higher, maintenance dose that I will take the rest of my mortal life unless I decide to have them evict my uterus.

LittleBit hadn't been at her job when I stopped by before my appointment, so I texted her a hello and did my adulting. She had the day off, and we met afterward for pizza and conversation. I was a responsible diabetic and ordered a kid-size pizza. It filled me sufficiently, and now that I'm home I'm finishing the fresh fruit cup that I took to work and didn't have room for. The fruit is a little on the shabby chic side by now, but it hasn't fermented, and it tastes delicious.

A little more progress on the second baby sock. In a few minutes I'm heading for my room to finish the cuff and see how many more beads I can add to the hem of the sweater before my body says we're done and I should go to bed now.

Oh, and I bought a dozen rolls of deeply discounted washi tape to see if I like the washi tape manicure I saw on Pinterest, or if it will be my very own spectacular Pinterest fail. Either way, it's not happening tonight, because it's only 100F out there, and I am tired, and learning a new life skill is just not on the agenda this evening.

Be good, and remember Whose you are.

No comments: