About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Adventures!

The AC in the Tardis has been a little weird lately, and I was going to get it looked at on Saturday. But tonight, as Fourthborn and I left Knit Night, there was a sound like a herd of panicky mice and the smell of burning rubber, and then nothing. So I turned the AC off. And by the time we reached the end of the parking lot, I knew I needed to head for Firstborn and 1BDH's. We limped along. The battery light came on. The temperature dial started edging toward uh-oh. The battery indicator started edging toward nope. When we were near our goal, there was a boom! and a puff of smoke to the right of the hood. We got as far as the parking lot of one of the hospitals. My power steering was gone. I did not hit the lady in the wheelchair when I ma'am-handled the Tardis into the parking lot. AAA has towed the her (the Tardis, not the lady in the wheelchair) to my kids' mechanic. I'm driving a spare car. Home and safe and very glad that my kids love me. Apparently when the AC belt blew, it tried to tango with the serpentine belt, and that's when all you know what broke loose. It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, then it's not the end.

No comments: