About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

... followed by a really rough night.

I went to bed earlier than usual last night, then tossed and turned for two hours, finally getting up around half past midnight. I spent the next couple of hours trying all the standard tricks: hot milk, lavender oil, lotion on my feet, white noise machine.

Somehow I forgot to set my alarm for this morning. I awoke(ish) to a room that was too light. Quarter to seven. Threw breakfast together, and when I was putting my dishes into the sink, Middlest came out and helped me gather things for my lunch bag.

Made it to work with two minutes to spare. Survived endured the monthly support staff meeting with a modicum of grace and was enabled by additional grace to remain focused and on task for the rest of the day. I did not ~ quite ~ need to break out the last dab of Cherry Coke leftover from that day I sleepwalked through before I stopped taking my muscle relaxer. I blasted zydeco all the way home, just to be safe.

So: dinner is down the hatch, and I've bound off the hem of the sweater while listening to two podcasts. I am (vaguely) trying to puzzle out how to stay awake for another hour and a half so I can take my evening meds on time and crash. I think I might make it another half hour. Feeling very much a mombie at the moment.

No comments: