About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

And another sock bites the dust!


All that remains for this one, is to weave in the ends. Its fraternal twin is cast on and waiting for tomorrow.

To my delight, I learned this morning that Linda, who has been a friend for nearly 20 years, and whom we visited in Iowa on the way home from Tennessee year before last, is in the area this week. We're having dinner tomorrow night, and I might get to meet her sister.

I'm really enjoying the podcasts. I'm mixing them with General Conference addresses, my Book of Mormon, and various Pandora stations. Tonight I learned about a young progressive Democrat who is battling the party machine as well as the Republican candidate for a Congressional district in upstate New York. It was fascinating. While I don't share much of his beliefs, I agree that both major political parties are broken. I wish him well.

No progress on beading the hem of the cardigan today. Wonderful nap after church, however, and amusing dreams. Great conversations with Middlest before and after my nap. I'm calling this day a win.

No comments: