About Me

My photo
Six years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, June 07, 2018

Tuesday was a beating.

Stayed up too late Monday night, then didn't sleep well. First task once I was at work was to polish off the last third of the Cherry Coke that had been waiting patiently in a filing cabinet drawer. Once I'd finished, I went down to the deli and bought another bottle.

I was hoping for an early night after Knit Night, but Fourthborn had a larger than usual shopping list, and I sat in the car for the better part of half an hour with the windows down, playing Sudoku on my phone and scanning the area for malfeasors. Took her home, hit the drive-thru at Bueno for a party taco because it was well after 9:00 and dinner had worn off. I didn't want a big meal, just enough protein, fat and carbs to get me home in safety so I could take my meds and go to bed.

I was almost asleep when the weather radio went off. And it went off again within half an hour. Plus, Middlest was comforting some online friends who were grieving, and even though my kid was speaking as quietly as possible, it was still filtering through the vent into my room. So I fired up the white noise machine on "rain" setting, massaged some lavender oil into my forehead, and hoped that the white noise wouldn't make me have to get up and pee. I ended up getting something like four hours of sleep.

Last night I came home, ate a light dinner, and was in bed a little after 9:00. I was so tired that I forgot to set the alarm, but Middlest woke me this morning, and I've had a great day. Linked a few more records while dinner cooked, then added three rows to the sweater body and eight beads to the second cuff.

While knitting, I listened to the youth fireside put on by President and Sister Nelson on Sunday night. It was well worth my time. I also listened to today's portion of the Book of Mormon (Abinadi's last hurrah).

I've cleared the knitting away. Part of tomorrow's lunch is pre-packed. And I'm going to take my meds and go to bed. I'm planning a simple weekend. Adulting, knitting, reading, family history research, and self-care. Not necessarily in that order.

No comments: