About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Quick update before crashing.

Lovely, quietly productive day. I think I've reached the hem on the sweater. Right now it hits about level with my sacral dimples, and I think the beading will stretch it downward a bit without making it so long that I'd sit on the hem. Which, with beads, would be distinctly uncomfortable.

I squinched the stitches away from the tips of the needles and tried it on, which is why I was able to guesstimate the length in back. Then I squinched the stitches differently so that I could see how it hangs in the front. There were maybe two yards left on the ball, and I'm now regretting slightly that I broke off the extra in order to not trip over it while trying on the sweater.

If my grammar makes no more sense to you than it does to me, it's because I'm typing a little after midnight on Sunday morning, and Middlest is eating chips and hummus, which is slightly less distracting than when my kid cracks jokes, because I said, "I love you and please don't talk to me, because I'm writing."

There will be no more knitting tonight right now, as I managed to get through the day without taking a nap. And I am blessedly and understandably sleepy.

Had a good long discussion about the car with Firstborn. Paid down my credit card to less than $200 today and will talk to my credit union Tuesday or Wednesday, after it's had a chance to show up on my credit report. We need, in short order, to get the car safety inspected and the tags renewed, and then we can worry about the financing and the title transfer.

OK, y'all, I'm so done for now. Later, gators.

No comments: