About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 08, 2018

Today? Intense, busy, and verging on wonderful.

I added four rows to the body of the sweater. Filed an answer that was due next Monday. Wrangled ToDo's and mail folders and outgoing. Came home by way of the dairy store for milk, buttermilk, and orange juice. Declared adulting to be officially over and watched two episodes of "Random Acts."

I'm hoping to have tomorrow's adulting done by 11:00am, before the heat is brutal and I melt. That way I can spend the rest of the day alternating between knitting and playing with the ancestors. I remember three years ago when I had something like four hundred hints and felt overwhelmed at the thought. Now I have over 15,000 hints, and it's like trying to figure out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Why angels would want to dance on a pinhead when there are plenty of good ballroom floors available in this world, has never made sense to me.

For a little while this afternoon I was typing like the wind. It was as if twenty years had fallen off my hands. I broke up that task into smaller segments, and I stretched in between or scratched my traps with my back scratcher to fend off the tension that was starting to build. I've been thinking about taking the smaller dumbbells to work. In a few minutes, I'm going to experiment with the greater and lesser dumbbells and the stability ball, to see if I can do some lightly weighted stretches to open up my chest. And then I'm going to brush my teeth and go to bed and sleep until I've had enough.

No comments: