About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, March 24, 2017

A frogging we will go

I was pleased with the gauge of the re-knitted tabard back but not the tension of the slipped stitches on the side or the bound-off stitches at the waistband. So this morning I ripped it back to where the bind-off began and redid it between stoplights on the way home. It's just that much tighter, and I hope it will be smooth sailing from here out.

Work went well except for one moment when I got irritated by something that SemperFi said, and within a minute my stomach decided to set my throat on fire. I didn't have anything in my desk drawer or my lunchbox to absorb the acid, so I forwarded my phone and went down to the deli for two pieces of lightly buttered toast. By the time I finished them, my stomach was calm and I'd adjusted my attitude.

He wasn't being tacky. I overreacted. In the sense of the famous Vietnam-era quote: We had to bomb the village to save it. Yeah, stomach: not helping!

On the other hand, my ankles have been calm all day, and I enjoyed a simple dinner at home with Middlest, and a friend from church has come by to borrow two long folding tables for a multi-family garage sale tomorrow, so now I can hang up my bra, take off my shoes, and knit until it's time to take my meds and go to sleep.

That was half an hour ago. I got distracted by an IM from a cousin I found on Ancestry. She lives just east of Tulsa. I'm driving up for lunch the day after my birthday, immediately after dropping off Middlest at the college. Hoping to get there around noon, but there are four or five construction zones between us. I will miss Knit Night that night, and I will probably sleep all day the next day, but it will be worth it. She will let me know when the ancestral family reunion is taking place, and I'm hoping to meet more of the family then.

There's going to be considerably less knitting before bedtime tonight, but the time spent in back-and-forth was absolutely worth it.

I am so blessed!

No comments: