About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Quilting and reading and things in the mail.

I came home from work in "wanna quilt" mode, and Middlest graciously allowed me to be a hermit. I made acceptable progress. Not outstanding progress, but acceptable progress. And I flipped through the new Target catalogue (so many yummy things) and the new Avenue catalogue (not impressed in the least; when are cold shoulder tops going to go out of fashion?). And I read a small chunk of the book for work, enough to feel that I am making progress there as well.

The ribbons and laces which I ordered from the Etsy shop have shipped out and should arrive at the office on Thursday. I've ordered a Grim Reaper balloon for the family birthday dinner. I've wanted this one for 25 years, and it's no longer available in local shops. It should be here in the next few days as well.

The Gatorade which used to be part of Middlest's migraine regimen is by the front door to take to Fourthborn before Knit Night tomorrow.

Family Search emailed to say that one of my ancestors was an early member of Relief Society and perished at Winter Quarters. I need to figure out how she was related to Gram's mother, but not tonight, or I'd be up till all hours, and my muscle relaxer has kicked in, and I am done with this more than ordinarily satisfying day.

Night, y'all.

No comments: