About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

A very quiet day.

Whipped up a pair of bloomers for my young friend's doll, using a Tiny BJD Alice pattern from Requiem Art Designs by DGRequiem on Etsy, blown up to 145%. Just about a perfect fit; her baby doll's legs are sewn onto the front of the torso, making the rump a bit bigger in proportion to my BJD's. I took the doll back to church today, telling its owner that the bloomers just need a snap, the hat is done (she didn't ask for a hat, but I used it as a gauge swatch), and the sweater is nearly done. I hope to finish it all before the end of the week.

I got through all three hours of church in relative comfort and was able to stand at the end of Relief Society with minimal difficulty and no pain. I almost fell asleep in class, so not quite enough protein in the system. It's a constant guessing game. Today I guessed wrong.

Church itself was good, even though I was spiritually unprepared. I had read neither lesson beforehand. I don't like that feeling. I'll do better this week. I haven't touched my One Year Chronological Bible since February 11. I got stuck in the Book of Job, as usually happens when I read my KJV. It's just so damn dreary, and it goes on and on and on, like Ravel's Bolero.

In happier news, Squishy scooped up Middlest for a play date. And when they came back, he opened a jar which has mocked me for three weeks. Let there be mango salsa (which Middlest cannot eat, because it contains cilantro, but not enough for me to taste soap).

I got a nap. I set the alarm for 8:00 so I could get a good night's sleep when I retire in a bit. I've spent a good chunk of the evening browsing the doll sites, noting which companies make dolls I like, and which dolls I'm interested in. I've color-coded the doll companies by whether I found them first on Mint on Card, Denver Doll Emporium, or Alice's Collection (which is a website I hadn't explored before).

I also googled "MSD cowboy boots" and have found a vendor which has them in stock in real leather. I'm ordering at least one pair when I get my bonus on the 31st. The twins wouldn't be caught dead in cowboy boots, but Honor is only tolerating the sneakers I put on her a week or so ago. She looks great in her red glasses, and I think she'd rock a pair of cowboy boots.

I'm not sure if Mercy will be a cowgirl at heart. I think she's going to be more tomboy than girly-girl, but until I get her here I won't know how I want to dress her. I've had Honor for several years now, and I think she's the closest thing to an outdoors girl that I own, except maybe for Chutzpah.

I googled cowboy hats and only found one so far. Cute hat, but not quite what I'm looking for.

No comments: