About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

A very quiet day.

Whipped up a pair of bloomers for my young friend's doll, using a Tiny BJD Alice pattern from Requiem Art Designs by DGRequiem on Etsy, blown up to 145%. Just about a perfect fit; her baby doll's legs are sewn onto the front of the torso, making the rump a bit bigger in proportion to my BJD's. I took the doll back to church today, telling its owner that the bloomers just need a snap, the hat is done (she didn't ask for a hat, but I used it as a gauge swatch), and the sweater is nearly done. I hope to finish it all before the end of the week.

I got through all three hours of church in relative comfort and was able to stand at the end of Relief Society with minimal difficulty and no pain. I almost fell asleep in class, so not quite enough protein in the system. It's a constant guessing game. Today I guessed wrong.

Church itself was good, even though I was spiritually unprepared. I had read neither lesson beforehand. I don't like that feeling. I'll do better this week. I haven't touched my One Year Chronological Bible since February 11. I got stuck in the Book of Job, as usually happens when I read my KJV. It's just so damn dreary, and it goes on and on and on, like Ravel's Bolero.

In happier news, Squishy scooped up Middlest for a play date. And when they came back, he opened a jar which has mocked me for three weeks. Let there be mango salsa (which Middlest cannot eat, because it contains cilantro, but not enough for me to taste soap).

I got a nap. I set the alarm for 8:00 so I could get a good night's sleep when I retire in a bit. I've spent a good chunk of the evening browsing the doll sites, noting which companies make dolls I like, and which dolls I'm interested in. I've color-coded the doll companies by whether I found them first on Mint on Card, Denver Doll Emporium, or Alice's Collection (which is a website I hadn't explored before).

I also googled "MSD cowboy boots" and have found a vendor which has them in stock in real leather. I'm ordering at least one pair when I get my bonus on the 31st. The twins wouldn't be caught dead in cowboy boots, but Honor is only tolerating the sneakers I put on her a week or so ago. She looks great in her red glasses, and I think she'd rock a pair of cowboy boots.

I'm not sure if Mercy will be a cowgirl at heart. I think she's going to be more tomboy than girly-girl, but until I get her here I won't know how I want to dress her. I've had Honor for several years now, and I think she's the closest thing to an outdoors girl that I own, except maybe for Chutzpah.

I googled cowboy hats and only found one so far. Cute hat, but not quite what I'm looking for.

No comments: