About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Best thing that happened today.

The best thing that happened today was ward conference. As I walked up to the stand to prepare for leading the music in sacrament meeting, the member of the stake presidency whom I know best (and who knows me best) just lit up when he saw me. I want to live my life in such a way that when I go Home, I see that same look on the Savior’s face.

I'm still a little sad that I missed stake conference last weekend, but getting to Tennessee and home within the allotted week meant leaving right after work on Friday, missing the Saturday evening adult session, and missing the Sunday general session. I love stake conference, now that my children are grown and I'm not walking the halls with a crabby wee one attached to my shoulder, or nursing in the mothers' lounge.

I love ward conference as well. This one was no exception. I'm glad that we made it back from Tennessee mid-week so I could goof off rest up sufficiently that going to church today would be an oh yes please and not a do I have to.

I've tried several times this week to cast on a pair of baby socks to use up the last of the Koigu with the bug-chomped red Jitterbug, and I couldn't make it work. So today I cast on a baby sock with just the Koigu, worked three rounds or so, and didn't like the gauge. Frogged that, cast on twice as many stitches, and dropped it into my purse for later. I'm now into my third round, and so far it looks good. What I think it wants to be, is a tabard for the Adela doll I'm paying off when my bonus hits.

My sleep schedule is still wonky after vacation and aftermath. Grabbing my meds and calling it a night. (Not looking foward to seeing my inbox tomorrow morning, but ready to jump back into harness, regardless.)

No comments: