About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, March 06, 2017

A very *non* quiet day.

SemperFi was in trial today. TheKid was not, but the powers that be decided, because of the complexity of our case, a more seasoned attorney would be better for voir dire (where they pick the jury). And by the way, in civilized states they pronounce that vwa deer. Here in Texas it's voyr diher. Basically it means taking a look-see at what's swimming in the jury pool.

My work day was done at 1:45, and Middlest and I beat it for the dentist's office. While Middlest got a cleaning, I sewed snaps on the doll bloomers and attached the scarf to about half of the neck stitches. It's looking really good, and I'm going to try to finish binding off the rest of the live stitches at the neck before calling it a day.

My first order from Mint on Card arrived before we left the office, and I couldn't be more pleased with the color and variety of the shoes I ordered. I will definitely be doing business with them again.

The quilt shop called: the star quilt pattern I'd put myself on the waiting list for, was in. Did I still want it? I did. And I do not have time to go out to the shop before we leave for Tennessee, so I had them hit my card for shipping as well. It will be at my office tomorrow or the next day, as there's a post office inside the quilt shop.

After the dentist, we went back to Cheesecake Factory. I was a good girl and got a low-carb version with fresh berries, and it was quite tasty.

Got my numbers back from last week's blood work, and everything is good. She tactfully did not mention my weight when I was in the office, but in her letter she requested that I get back on track with diet and exercise. Absolutely, right after we get back from eating our way to Tennessee and home again.

We went to Michaels, looking for a straw cowboy hat for Honor. No luck. We then went to JoAnn's, where Middlest found a cheap one that will do for now. Eventually I want to get some milliner's straw and figure out how to make them myself. I also bought more elastic for future doll clothing, both the 1/8" super soft stuff and a couple of packages of foldover elastic in white and my favorite shade of yellow.

We took back the hand-held jar opener and picked up a couple of gorgeous bath sheets to take as hostess gifts. I massacred an old, ratty towel (which was actually Middlest's) when we were there last June, and I've felt bad about it and wanted to do this before now but hadn't actually gotten around to it.

I found out what my raise is going to be, and I'm pleased with that. I divided the new salary by 26 and populated my spreadsheet from March 31 through the end of the year.

We're home, I baked pizzas and nuked tomato basil soup for dinner. I'm full as a tick and ready to crash. The trash and recycling are out. Squishy came back tonight and schlepped the IKEA bookcase out of the back of the Tardis and onto the dining room floor, where it will be safe and out of the way until we get back and I figure out which wall I want to mount it on.

I'm so knackered that the poster child for crazy-tired would feel sorry for me if s/he only knew. Happy, yes, but still...

No comments: