About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 20, 2017

A wonderfully easy day back in the salt mines.

SemperFi was working from home today. I got exactly two calls from him: the first to welcome me back from vacation, and the second to let me know that there was a calendar item (which hadn't been calendared, by me or by anyone else, because it pertained to a case that was assigned to him while I was out) to check off. Other than that, he let me work undisturbed. Good thing, because there were 101 emails waiting for me when I walked in the door. Most of which I had dealt with by the time I signed off at the end of the day.

Something I did last night until way too late was make a lot of calculations to try to figure out how to tweak the MSD patterns that I bought and downloaded on Saturday to fit Adela, who is taller and more generously endowed than most of my dolls. Because of a link to new Iplehouse dolls that a friend posted on the FB doll group, I discovered that the JID/FID (Junior Iplehouse Doll/Fashion Iplehouse Doll, both essentially MSD) sculpts are about the same height with equivalent shoulder width and bust size. And there is a lovely, lanky knit dress with belt, necklace, and stockings for an astoundingly reasonable price. So that might be getting bought when I get my bonus next week. The Iple girls have smaller feet, so that won't work for my new girls, but they have a wig that I think I want for the Nana when I order her and others that might do for Adela. I like these wigs better than the ones I've seen through Denver Doll or Mint on Card.

I knitted a little more on the tabard, and I got my visiting teaching letters mailed out. Dinner tonight was very simple: brown rice & quinoa with teriyaki meatballs and a small salad for dessert. I am craving massive amounts of something unhealthy. I'm not feeling particular as to what that might be. Instead I'll grab a few ginger cookies, load the dishwasher, and quilt for half an hour. My brain is going pingety-ping, so I might as well be productive with it.

No comments: