About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, March 20, 2017

A wonderfully easy day back in the salt mines.

SemperFi was working from home today. I got exactly two calls from him: the first to welcome me back from vacation, and the second to let me know that there was a calendar item (which hadn't been calendared, by me or by anyone else, because it pertained to a case that was assigned to him while I was out) to check off. Other than that, he let me work undisturbed. Good thing, because there were 101 emails waiting for me when I walked in the door. Most of which I had dealt with by the time I signed off at the end of the day.

Something I did last night until way too late was make a lot of calculations to try to figure out how to tweak the MSD patterns that I bought and downloaded on Saturday to fit Adela, who is taller and more generously endowed than most of my dolls. Because of a link to new Iplehouse dolls that a friend posted on the FB doll group, I discovered that the JID/FID (Junior Iplehouse Doll/Fashion Iplehouse Doll, both essentially MSD) sculpts are about the same height with equivalent shoulder width and bust size. And there is a lovely, lanky knit dress with belt, necklace, and stockings for an astoundingly reasonable price. So that might be getting bought when I get my bonus next week. The Iple girls have smaller feet, so that won't work for my new girls, but they have a wig that I think I want for the Nana when I order her and others that might do for Adela. I like these wigs better than the ones I've seen through Denver Doll or Mint on Card.

I knitted a little more on the tabard, and I got my visiting teaching letters mailed out. Dinner tonight was very simple: brown rice & quinoa with teriyaki meatballs and a small salad for dessert. I am craving massive amounts of something unhealthy. I'm not feeling particular as to what that might be. Instead I'll grab a few ginger cookies, load the dishwasher, and quilt for half an hour. My brain is going pingety-ping, so I might as well be productive with it.

No comments: