About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Put your shoulder to the DPs


Behold one grafted shoulder and one frogged sleeve (the yarn barf in the upper left corner) which is being knit from the shoulder down instead of the cuff upward, as originally begun. The back has some short rows to provide a soupçon of neck shaping, and I have a plan for binding off the live neck stitches. I grafted that shoulder at the bonus Knit Night and wove in a couple of ends while I was at it.

The Robaxin seems to be working. I had another great night's sleep, and I'm hoping for another one tonight.

The mechanic called me at work to say that he has the part to fix the rogue dome light and door-ajar alert. We're installing (by which I mean he is installing) a new switch in my door. The problem with the burnt out instrument panel lights may be more difficult to solve, as the bulb assembly is obsolete. We talked about taking the bulb that illuminates the tachometer and moving it over to add light to the speedometer, but that bulb is one of the ones which is burned out. I think there may be only one functional bulb in the assembly. The bulbs are soldered in place.

Whose bright idea was that?

The truck only has 114K miles. I would like to drive it until the mortgage is paid off in three and a half years (if all goes according to plan). Or at least until I have the Social Security coming in and have more wiggle room in my budget.

I do believe the Robaxin has kicked in. I'm going to knit two or three rounds on the sleeve and call it a night.

No comments: