About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

We've blown past Plan Z.

I think we shot past Cyrillic into cuneiform. That's the kind of day it was. Through patience, persistence, and ingenuity, the Tardis now has a jerry-rigged but functional door-ajar system and an equally jerry-rigged but functional dome light. I did not make it into work today. At all. The part which was rushed here from the factory turned out to be identical to the one that the dealership had sent over last week. So my guys had to get something call a pigtail and attach it to the not-quite-fitting part. And then they had to figure out how to reattach exceedingly brittle plastic parts to the dome light mechanism. We ended up buying another lens. It's attached, by southern ingenuity and the grace of Heaven. I just hope everything else holds together until (A) the mortgage is paid off in three years or (B) I can start drawing Beloved's Social Security next year, which would make a car payment ever so much easier even if it delays paying off the mortgage for a year or two.

After all that, I got into the truck, swung by Trader Joe's for more ginger cookies and chocolate covered ginger (some for Fourthborn while she watches the house, some for Middlest and me while we are on the road), dropped a pair of baby socks into the mail, picked up Fourthborn, grabbed Bueno for dinner and went to Knit Night. There were a grand total of four knitters plus Fourthborn and another knitter's delightful little girl.

I am home, and medicated, with a new baby sock started and a body that is screaming for sleep. I finished the doll sweater while at the mechanic's, and it's on the ironing board waiting to be blocked.

Not happening tonight.


No comments: