About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Really happy, really tired

Work went particularly well today, notwithstanding a surprise/mandatory virtual meeting that ate up an hour which could have been put to far better use. Our office manager was logged in remotely, so she did not hear the brash, irreverent, and generally mutinous comments which punctuated the hour and kept us more or less awake. I confess to deleting emails on my phone and getting partway through a game of Sudoku, because the alternative was death by irrelevance.

Thankfully, once I got back to my desk I was able to be as productive as I am on my best days (just not for as long a stretch as I would have hoped).

Middlest's class was interrupted by a fire alarm at the college and multiple emergency vehicles, plus a ramped-up migraine from the disarranged morning. But my kid was able to come to tonight's knitting group, and we just inhaled some party tacos.

It was a day of at least two miracles that I'm aware of. The first before we left the house, when I went to quilt a small circle on the border and discovered that my needle had vanished. After prayer, it popped up on my mattress, rather than in a body part. The second was at work, when I was impressed to do one last check on a document I was about to file with the court and saved myself an embarrassing error. Guardian angels and the Spirit have been working doubles on my half today.

I've frogged the back of the doll tabard twice but seem to be on the right track now.

And on that note, I'm going to take my meds and finish the second half of that circle on the quilt and call it a day.

No comments: